#Checkpoint : Let's Discuss Anxiety, Doubt & Loneliness
We've all have been there before, regardless if we want to admit it or not, where we feel a certain type of way about life. Whether you are giving through a trial or discovering your own strength- we all feel a certain way about it.
Sometimes these moments leave us feeling alone, lost, bewildered, bamboozled, and most certainly frustrated to no end. You may b going through the thick of it as read this (I'm sending you virtual hugs).
You must know that this is just TEMPORARY.
Whatever you believe and however you believe...
It doesn't last always.
Here are 6 ways to combat the feelings of defeat, anxiety, and loneliness and to come out a conquerer:
- Know that Feelings are not Facts. Decipher the two and give your energy to how to find the opportunity in the situation.
- Tune out the negativity... including your own. Don't entertain the negative self-talk. Keep it positive and look for that silver lining. Often, I will give myself a few moments to feel and experience the problem then I move on and it works wonders!
- Read. Reading has so many positive benefits. Read to increase your vocabulary, to have something to talk about in social circles, and to learn new things. The important thing is to get out of your own head.
- Listen to uplifting, feel good music. Music is known to sway our moods in one direction or another. Classical music helps with concentration, upbeat "happy" music has a similar effect.
- Smile- in spite of it all. Smile although it hurts. Don't let the situation keep you down. Some people will stay bummed out even after they have made it through the trial... those people are not fun to be around. Don't become one of those people.
- Practice Gratitude. When we practice gratitude, it is easy to move forward through life. We are all here for a reason and when we realize that trials are just a part of life (no one is exempt- regardless of what's on their Instagram). We have to roll with the punches that land and be grateful for those that didn't.
Don't feel like you have to suffer alone. Don't be ashamed that life is handing you a poor hand. When you conquer this test, share it with others so that they know that it's possible to overcome. Get up, dust it off, and keep moving!